We wanted to thank everyone for the outpouring of kindness and well-wishes and offers to help this past week in the wake of Hurricane Irene. We wanted to let everyone know that there will be much work to do in the clean-up process once we find out more about what we are allowed to harvest post-flood. We will be contacting you and asking for your help in the very near future about physical labor assistance. Thanks for being willing to help in any way!
At the moment, the best way to help is to consider making contributions to one of many relief funds. There is a list below of Intervale Specific Funds to help you decide where to donate. We are completely humbled by your generosity, and cannot thank you enough. We love farming, and fully expect to be back at it as soon as we can! Thanks ever so much for your support!
- Stick a Fork In It! Chef-for-Farms Bacchanalia – THIS SUNDAY!
- Intervale Center Farmers Recovery Fund
- Burlington Farmers’ Market Silent Auction – every Saturday in September 8:30-2 City Hall Park
- City Market 1% of proceeds from now until September 16th go to the Intervale Center’s Fund!
- Kitchen Table Bistro in Richmond 434-8686, benefit dinner Wednesday, Sept. 7th and Thursday, Sept. 8th.
- Champlain College Presents Burlington Ensemble to benefit Intervale Farmers Recovery Fund, Saturday, Sept. 10th. 6-10 pm.
- Mary’s Inn at Baldwin Creek in Bristol 453-2432. Dinner this Saturday, Sept. 10th. We will be doing one of their Table Talks, speaking about our farm, and our involvement with Slow Food. Doug just informed us that a portion of the proceeds will go to the Intervale Farmers Recovery Fund.
- Dine to help Burlington’s Farms! Sunday, Sept. 25th. RSVPs only. Local everything being served, including beer and wine.
Again, thank you so much for your support!
Your farmers, Mara & Spencer Welton