Time to share a breakfast treat! Banana chocolate chip muffins – from Bon Appétit, March 1999. I like to substitute ½ whole wheat flour for a bit more substance (this makes it ¾ c. each whole wheat and all purpose) and ½ oil for the butter (making it ¼ c. each oil and melted butter). Also, I add vanilla or almond extract – not in the original recipe. ENJOY! Perfect for a Sunday morning with a great cup of coffee!
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line twelve 1/3-cup muffin cups with foil muffin liners (or just butter if you have no liners).
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
- Mix mashed bananas, egg, melted butter and milk in medium bowl.
- Stir banana mixture into dry ingredients just until blended (do not overmix).
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Divide batter among prepared muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full.
- Bake muffins until tops are pale golden and tester inserted into center comes out with some melted chocolate attached but no crumbs, about 32 minutes.
- Transfer muffins to rack; cool.