You know what they say – with great power comes great responsibility. I don’t consider myself having much power, but when I stumbled upon this recipe I felt like I unlocked a secret code that needed to be shared. So, here you go – the finale to the tale of a pancake lover’s journey from immediate gratification of that cakey breakfast goodness to 20 minutes later being starving again to finding this recipe: loaded with whole grains and protein that will become your go-to filling, sustaining, sweet breakfast Excalibur. Oh yeah. It’s also gluten-free. You’re welcome.
makes 12, serves 2
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 c. old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 c. cottage cheese
- 1 tsp. extract of your choice – I like vanilla or almond
- Put everything all at once into a blender or mix with your immersion blender in a bowl.
- Mix until you have a pancake batter consistency – don’t go too thin. If you need to thin it at all, use liquid of your choice to do so.
- Let batter sit for 2-5 minutes.
- Pour directly from blender onto hot greased skillet, cook as normal for pancakes.
- Clean-up is a snap as you only have a blender to clean!
I made this handy-dandy nutrition label for the recipe – I used 2% milkfat cottage cheese for this label – the fat count will be much lower if you use nonfat cottage cheese. Look at the amount of protein in these puppies. Can’t go wrong with these, they fluff up even with no leavening, and they taste good too. Enjoy!